- This event has passed.
Apr – 2 days
April 27 @ 9:30am - April 28 @ 5:30pm
This training course provides participants with a comprehensive review of company valuation, the main techniques and their inter-relationships.
Participants practise modelling valuation for a target company using both DCF (Discounted Cash Flow) and comparable/ relative/ multiple-based methods.
The course is punctuated with detailed case work and exercises, frequent opportunity for discussion as well as “hands on” application of the principles introduced on the course.
Practical valuation case work
Just like they might have to in their jobs, delegates start just with a set of publicly available accounts for the company they are interested in valuing. During the program delegates:
- Use publicly available accounts to calculate recurring underlying earnings for their target company
- Determine comparable businesses that might form part of the target’s peer group and source information relating to those other businesses
- Calculate an appropriate series of valuation multiples for the target business using publicly available data
- Learn how to work from equity to enterprise value and back again
- Conduct a valuation for their target business.
This valuation training course is an applied workshop-style program where participants work in groups to use Excel in DCF modelling and multiple/ comparable company analysis. The review covers topics including obtaining raw data for valuation, “cleaning” source numbers, defining and calculating firm value (enterprise vs. equity value), calculating reference multiples, and applying multiples to target company valuation.