- This event has passed.
Jun – 2 days
June 13 @ 9:30am - June 14 @ 5:30pm
This course helps you take your spreadsheets to the next level, discovering the power of the VBA code that lies behind Excel.
Automate routines and turbocharge your spreadsheets with Excel VBA macros
If you’ve ever found yourself regularly performing some kind of repetitive task in Excel, VBA will help you.
With VBA macros you can automate routines in Excel, replaying them automatically at the press of a button.
VBA macros allow you to speed up your work and your analysis.
Learn by doing: work with the course tutor to solve your own coding challenges
During the course you’ll:
- Use Excel’s macro recorder, bypassing the need to know lots of computer code. You’ll generate your own code snippets with the recorder and assemble them to solve real-life problems
- Discover how to add VBA’s own built-in graphical dialog boxes, using them to solicit inputs, flag up key program milestones and make your routines more user-friendly
- Apply the power of macro loops and other key additional Excel functionality that is only available to you in VBA, speeding up processing times
- Learn how to create your own totally-customised visual dialog boxes
- Create your own new routines from scratch, applying everything you’ve been learning about VBA macros, running sophisticated new macros of your own at the press of a shiny new button freshly-embedded in your spreadsheet
- Become more confident about your ability to create VBA code and add functionality to your Excel spreadsheets.