The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants’ (CIMA’s) CPD scheme requires members to:
- “Define” the skills needed for their work role;
- “Assess” development needs and desired outcomes;
- “Design” and implement their own CPD training programme;
- “Reflect” on what they have learned through their CPD training;
- “Evaluate” what further development needs they have.
The role of CPD Courses for CIMA members
CIMA members can choose from a range of CPD media including work-based learning, internal and external CPD training courses, attending conferences and events and online training.
CIMA CPD hours
It is the responsibility of CIMA members to assess their development goals and needs, select the most appropriate activities and design their CPD programs accordingly. CIMA members are keep an annual record of training activities. These training records are periodically inspected by CIMA.
CPD requirements for professions
Free CPD course training
Financial Training Associates makes a certain proportion of course material available without charge online. You can access free CPD training material online here: free training.